Travel Watch – Hospitality and Health Update
The safety and well-being of our guests, employees, and community is our highest priority. We will keep you updated with our efforts to ensure a safe and healthy experience as this recovery evolves. Our promise of a great escape remains – thank you for trusting us to be your home away from home.
Masks: Masks and face coverings are no longer required. In concurrence with CDC guidance, we encourage all unvaccinated persons to continue wearing masks or face coverings in public areas, and guests or staff who are more comfortable wearing them to continue to do so. Masks will remain available for our guests and staff to use.
Safety and Sanitation
We have always maintained health and sanitation standards beyond those required by the Health Department and have increased our efforts to further address public safety concerns. Several of our efforts are listed below. We will continue monitoring guidelines from health authorities and provide immediate support and training to our teams as needed.
- Robust sanitation protocols, with department specific procedures for all guest rooms, public spaces and employee areas
- Ensure proper employee handwashing and hygiene,
- Comprehensive safety training for employees with frequent guest contact
- CDC approved sanitizers applied in every guest room and public area, with special attention to high touch items
- Frequent disinfecting of all nonporous surfaces in public and communal areas
- Development of Sanitation Officer to ensure best practices and adaptability with evolving guidelines
- Sanitation stations are available in the lobby and public areas, and masks are available for guests upon request
Some of our traditional amenities are modified or suspended during this time.
- Our Lobby amenities remain in service, including our coffee and cookie service, our gift shop, DVD library, and complimentary beach items.
- Our wine reception continues each evening in our upper library and breakfast room, with physical distancing and appropriate sanitation measures in place.
- Our turndown services is temporarily unavailable.
- Continental breakfast is now available including a delicious assortment of pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and more. Breakfast room for seating has also returned.
- Cannon Beach Yoga Arts offers online classes, as well as Beach Yoga. Complimentary reservations are available to our guests, please check availability and make reservations with our Front Desk.
- Our guest laundry facility is available.
Safe and Responsible Travel
We appreciate your support and understanding as we navigate this changing landscape together.
- Check – In: We are happy to welcome guests at the front desk and do ask that you respect social distancing guidelines.
- Payment: A credit card authorization is required for check-in; all major credit cards are accepted. We prefer to accept payment via card at this time, however we are prepared to accept cash if necessary.
- Housekeeping Service: Full service to your room has been restored. If you prefer not to have housekeeping enter your room, please notify the front desk or hang the Do Not Disturb Sign on your door.
- Turndown Service: Routine turndown service has been suspended. We are available to assist with sofa-sleepers upon request.
- Maintenance Assistance: Our staff is available for assistance, we ask that you respect six feet of social distance while staff is in your room.
- Social Distancing: Please follow recommended social distancing guidelines (six feet) when near other guests, in communal areas, and when interacting with our team.
- Community: Many of the services and businesses in our community have been affected by the pandemic, or the re-opening restrictions. Our team is happy to assist with up to date information on restaurants and attractions during your stay.
- Check-out: A contactless check-out is encouraged. You are welcome to call the front desk when you depart, and we will confirm charges and email a receipt.
- If you or any member of your party are sick or showing symptoms, please stay home.
We will remain adaptable and ready to respond swiftly with timely training and adjustment as guidance changes, keeping our commitment to your wellbeing, and that of our employees and community, the highest priority – along with the promise of a great escape.
We welcome your calls and inquiries if you have questions, concerns, or feedback. Thank you again for your continued confidence and support – we look forward to welcoming you soon.